And with that, we’re at the start of a brand new year! 365 more days to write the new chapters in the story of our lives. Are you excited?! I know I am 🙂
Surprisingly I’ve been hearing from a lot of people that 2018 wasn’t a great year and they’re looking to 2019 to be better. I think it’s safe to say that all of us always wish for better and that’s what we should all strive for anyway!
My only New Year’s Resolution of the year was to try one new thing a month. While I didn’t exactly meet my goal, I do have some memorable highlights to recap. Here’s my best parts of 2018:
- Giving yoga a shot. I had such a bad wrap with the thought of yoga before. In fact I hated it. It wasn’t until the building I work in offered free yoga classes that I decided to give it another shot and really loved it.
- Falling in love with fitness classes. I’ve come to learn that I really like fitness classes. There’s something motivating about being involved in a class where everyone else is working hard alongside you, including the instructor. I discovered that I really love bootcamp and SoulCycle!
- Travel. I travelled to two places in 2018: Palm Springs and Iceland. Palm Springs was a short trip, but I had an amazing time finally meeting Sharon of Style Lullaby for the first time in person! Iceland was also an incredible adventure that I had the opportunity to travel with Shirley of Bucket List Belles!
- Meeting some ‘famous’ individuals. This past year I got the opportunity to meet Madelaine Petsch, Shay Mitchell, Jenn Im, and Weylie Hoang! It was really cool and humbling to see how down to earth they all were.
- Changing industries. For those of you who are new, I work a full-time job. I had originally worked in the engineering industry and switched to an advertising agency mid-year. It has been an incredible journey changing my environment and I’m very grateful. (Check out my post on juggling both jobs).
- Moving out! I took a huge step in my adult journey and moved out with my boyfriend into our first apartment together, away from family. It’s been an incredible journey so far and I can’t wait to see what the future brings.
Now, you may ask – what are my new year’s resolutions for 2019? Well, I want to keep it simple enough again so here are my goals for the year:
- One new thing every month – to account for 12 new activities, decisions, and experiences for the year. Repeating this one, because it has been my favorite.
- Be healthier. My goal of the year is to eat and be healthier. To exercise more frequently and incorporate it into a routine. And to also dedicate myself to more self-loving activities and choices.
- Add a new family member… a furry one! It’s been my lifelong dream to get a dog and it’s finally happening! I’m waiting on the breeder’s list to adopt a pup from the next litter. He will be a Samoyed named Wolfie. I’m so excited!
- Travel more! I’m planning to head back to the west coast, visit Palm Springs, and explore Cali! I also want to head back to Taiwan to visit family and explore my roots. It’s been 19 years since I’ve last gone! I think it’s about time.
Since we’re all looking forward to a bright year, what are some of your new year’s resolutions?