If you haven’t already noticed, something HUGE is different… my brand name!! Formally known as Jennsemble, rebranding to Jubilant Dose has been the best decision. Now you must be wondering a number of things, such as where have you been?! and why the name change?! I can’t wait to tell you!
I can’t believe that the last time I posted was February 1st on The Boyfriend Look. It seems like a whole year away and I hope I didn’t worry anyone with my absence. I’ve been extremely busy on the life spectrum that I decided to take a much needed blogging hiatus (yet again, yeah I know).
A short recap of what happened in February to ketchup with the daily saga of Jenn:
- Redecorated my room. I got rid of all my furniture, rearranged my room, went to IKEA, and just redecorated completely. All my furniture is minimal white and I absolutely love it! Not only does it brighten up my room, and mood, it’s just crazy how a bunch of new furniture can change a room so drastically. I moved my bed to the other side of the wall so I definitely had some hiccups in adjusting to not falling off my bed or waking up in a panic of not knowing where I am… hah!
- Blogilates 28-Day Reset. This is basically a cleanse that Cassey Ho created and since it was 28 days, I figured the perfect month to do it in was February. The cleanse consists of cancelling out dairy, gluten, processed foods, additive sugars, and alcohol from your diet for a month. I’m actually surprised that it wasn’t as hard to follow as I thought it would be.
- Blogilates February Calendar. To pair with my diet change, I also incorporated at home workouts. I follow Cassey Ho’s workouts. Each day is something new and the videos are always different so you keep your muscles challenged. Plus they’re fun!
- Gym. I finally went back to the gym to work on cardio. I’ve been paying a membership to Blink and I haven’t gone… in forever. And the worst part of it is, I live a block away so all my excuses are a bunch of bull LOL.
- Needed space. I must admit that one of the biggest contributory factors for my absence was a lack of motivation and inspiration to write. I felt extremely overwhelmed and just fell into a puddle of depression. I kind of lost a sense of purpose and felt like I was doing things aimlessly. So I took a lot of time to myself. Got into meditating. Spent a lot of time binge watching a bunch of things and basically followed a dull routine of work, gym, binge, sleep, repeat.
It feels so good to be back into the writing grind. I pulled myself out of the slump. Refreshed my hair by going lighter…and grayer. And ultimately, I went through a period of reflection. Oddly enough, I hit a milestone that eventually gave me the final push to get back. February 28th marked 1 year since the birth of Jennsemble…and ironically enough my domain name was up for renewal. I spent quite a bit of time contemplating if I even wanted to renew it. I was so close to throwing in the towel. So after some soul searching, I came to the decision of rebranding and rediscovering my purpose. The quote that came to mind was, “when you think about quitting, remember why you started.”
Truth be told, I started blogging because I wanted my voice to get out there and for myself to flourish in something I created and owned for life. Jennsemble was an outlet meant to represent myself in all aspects. Bits and pieces of what makes me me…an ensemble if you will. But as time has passed, I’ve discovered a whole new world that has helped bring me out of my shell and meet so many incredible souls. I knew then that it was my mission to not only connect with individuals but to touch the hearts of those who can relate and learn from my own experiences. I didn’t want to just focus on self-growth, love and worth anymore. That wasn’t enough. I want to extend my platform to include my insights, experiences, and voice to guide those around me. To encourage everyone I can to pursue and achieve a state of sophrosyne.
Thus, Jubilant Dose was born from the ashes of Jennsemble. Rebranding is such an integral part of my new purpose and essentially reigniting my fire. Starting Jennsemble gave me my dose of happiness and triumph. In this first year, I’ve not only discovered deeper levels of myself, but I’ve also been very selfish. So now in my second year, I want to extend my hand and do what I can to allow anyone in my reach to grasp their own jubilant dose. I’m ready to say the things that some people are afraid to say. And help others with words when they can’t find the right ones. I want to touch your heart and let you know that at least 1 person, other than you, understands exactly what you’re going through – if not more so.
Rebranding Jennsemble to a name that fit was definitely a challenge. I wanted to pick a new name that reflected my purpose. So, I decided to combine the words “jubilant” and “dose” for a multitude of reasons. Jubilant is definitely one of those SAT words and I used it because it signifies always challenging yourself to learn. Learning is such a crucial factor in growth. The meaning of the word itself is feeling or expressing extreme happiness or triumph. Blogging has produced the feeling of both and allowed me to express both, but I’ve now realized that I want it to be so much bigger than just myself. I’d love to express those feelings to all of you.
A dose is commonly referred to as a measurement for medicine. It also has a negative connotation due to its relation to drugs. I chose this word to show that there are always two ways to looking at things: negative and positive. Justly so, there are two sides to every story and relationships work like a two-way street. It’s also realistic, because although the dream is to always be happy, it’s not necessarily a realistic thing especially for myself. Without trying to be morbid, everything has a balance in life. You won’t know happiness unless you know sadness, so it’s definitely a constant (and indirect reminder) to appreciate what you have. Plus, this platform is just a small gesture of encouragement for you to seek what makes you happy. Essentially, a dose.
I definitely believe that rebranding was a great stepping stone in the right direction to where I ideally want to be. It definitely elevates my platform to new heights. I can’t wait to continue this journey with you all. So without further ado, some final words in lieu of rebranding:
You are never alone.
You are strong.
You are capable of your own jubilant dose.
Cheers to the journey toward sophrosyne. It won’t be easy, but it’ll be completely worth every ounce of effort singing from the core of your bones.